Monday, January 19, 2015

Esperanza

My new area is technically outside of Guatemala City, but not by much.  I think we live right outside of a city called Esperanza.  Something kind of funny is that our area is called "Esperanza," and our zone is "Esperanza," and our ward is "Esperanza" in the stake of "Esperanza."  So at the least it's all easy to remember.

I totally forgot to bring my camera, so I'm going to have to send pictures next week.  But about the pictures I sent last week, I don't think I took pictures of our house, so for that question the answer is no.  I believe I did send a picture of my companion and I, so the answer to that question is yes.  There are some steep parts in my area.  There should be a picture from the top of a hill.  It's a sweet view but it doesn't come out all that good in pictures.  You can see a volcano from a distance up there but there is usually a cloud in the way, or something like that.  It's pretty far off too.

That is cool that Jared's leaving already.  Did I tell you there is a guy in our area that is going to be in the MTC at the same time as Jared.  He opened his call last week, and I think he leaves the 4th.  He's going to a different mission but it's still neat.  Tell Jared he should see if my teacher Hermano Ruiz still works there.  My other teacher I know doesn't.  Hermano Ruiz is a little bigger and speaks English flawlessly.  All the teachers speak English very well, but there is a few that speak perfect. You would think they were from the states if somebody didn't tell you.

If you really want to try to find my area on a map, I'm in Zone 18.  Our house is in a place called Valle de Jesus, but our area is really big.

If we ever don't walk it's because we are taking a bus or a tuc tuc or sometimes a taxi.  We don't have a car.  I think the assistants and another set of office missionaries do, but that's it.  

Our house is a little small but not bad at all in size.  It is a little dirty is the problem.  Somebody didn't raise these kids right.  I need to take some time to clean, but it's hard because we don't have a lot of time.

It's exciting that so many people are getting ready for missions and so many leaving.  Where is Gavin going? Rick is in New Mexico right?  Make sure to tell me where everybody goes.  From what I've heard from Meganne I think she is still working on papers.  Sounds like there is a boat load of people doing that too.  I would love to read the letters from Gavin and Rick if you ever have time to send them to me.

Speaking of letters, I started writing some.  I think I'm going to put all the letters for my family and people in Eagle Point in one envelope, maybe two.  Do you think you could give them to people? Remington would be the only one that is difficult.  I just need to figure out how to send letters from here.

It's a little harder with my new companion.  He works, is the good thing, but we'll just say he doesn't like the rules as much as my last companion.  Never anything really bad, but it's still annoying sometimes.  I'm almost always good with people but there are some personalities that I like less than others.  Specifically pride with a little ignorance.  But that's life.  I'll do the best I can.

Apart from that, everything is great.  I guess I did get a little sick, but for living in a different country I've gotten a lot less sick than you would think.

Next week I'll be sure to bring my camera. I love you guys.  I'll talk to you next week.  I need to get Jared's LDS e-mail.  I've been emailing him a little,but it's been to his gmail.  One of these days I'll send letters again too. 
Love y'all  -Elder Jarvie

No comments:

Post a Comment