Monday, January 12, 2015

New Area








I'm really sorry but this letter is going to be short. I finished reading and sending a bunch of small letters to people and now I only have like 15 minutes. This week was really eventful too.

I'm in a new area with a new companion.  I took a bunch of pictures but I think I'm going to have to send them next week because if I send them now I won't have time to write anything.  The new area is cool.  In my past area all the houses touched and now there is some space in between them.  The area is massive.  We share the ward with the zone leaders.  There is a bunch of really good members in the ward, but most of them are in the other area.  But things area going alright.  My new companion's first language isn't Spanish either, but it's not English, it's Portuguese.  He is from Brazil. He is a lot different than my last companion.  I guess it's normal for people to be different though.  Life would be kind of boring if they weren't.  It's still going to take some time to get used to.

There is a guy in my ward who just got his mission call last night.  He is going to Oregon.  Just kidding, he's going to Guatemala, up north where Zarate is from.  I think he is going to be in the CCM the same time as Jared.  They just won't speak the same language.

Learning a new language is really hard.  My Spanish still has a ways to go but I can talk pretty good. The grammar in Spanish is satanic.  If anyone tries to tell you it's easier than English, they're wrong. The thing that's hard in English is pronouncing the words.

 I miss you all.  
-Elder Jarvie

No comments:

Post a Comment