Monday, October 19, 2015

Beans & Pigs


 Sorting beans with the Pineda family in Los Pinos
 
 A place in our area called Nacahuil.  There are a lot of pigs there.

Hey everybody!
 
So this week was fun.  One day we went to Nacahuil.  It's part of our area but it's like half an hour in bus to get there.  A lot of the people there speak Kekchi, one of the Mayan languages, so that's neat. Luckily, everyone speaks Spanish too.  There are a lot of animals and people wear different clothes.
   
On the way back we stopped by a place called Los Pinos.  Pinos are pine trees.  They told me it's named that for the Pineda family, who were the first people who lived there.  Like 70% of the people there have the last name Pineda, including the family we visited.  They do a lot of farming stuff so when we got there they were separating beans from some of the plant that came with it.  They gave us food too.  The fun thing there is that they always say if you want peppers there are some on the bush over there.  One thing I've gotten used to is eating peppers.
   
One really cool thing is that almost all the recent converts came to church this Sunday.  One of ten didn't come and only because he was sick.  So that was legit.
   
Reading your letter I thought of two things.  I've never had a companion that speaks English, and I've never had one younger than me.  Also I've never trained, so those are a few new things that could happen.
   
This time around there will definitely be changes because I already have three with Elder Barrera.
    
The house is looking amazing.  Make sure you guys have a laptop for Christmas so I can see it all. Y'all have a rich people house.  Well I guess you are grandparents now.
 
Well I'm pretty much out of time.  I love you all and I'll talk to you next week.
 
-Elder Jarvie

No comments:

Post a Comment