Monday, January 18, 2016

Foreign Food

Remington is going to Belize?  That's pretty cool.  There is a sister in my district right now from Belize, but tomorrow she won't be.  We have changes tomorrow, well we don't, my companion and I are staying.  It feels really weird to have changes right now, we only have two weeks together.  Luckily, we don't have changes.
   
We ate food from various different countries this week.  We passed by a member's house who had served her mission in Peru.  Her friend had come from there to visit and brought a fruit bread that is super good and some kind of soda and money from there too.  I have a coin from Peru now, just if you wanted to know.  Just before going there we had eaten pupusas, a food from El Salvador.  It's like a small fat tortilla with cheese or beans or pig cooked inside of it.  Sunday a member from our ward gave us beef jerky and peanut butter, they don't have much of that here, and we eat food from Guatemala every day so those are the 4 countries of this week.
   
Oh we took some pictures but this computer has problems so I might have to wait until next week to send them, sorry.
   
And thanks for all the family history stuff. I got pretty much all of it written in the book thing.  It's been super cool reading the stories you sent me.  There was one that had a super gruesome part.  I was reading out loud with my companion in the room when it talked about someone getting sucked into a cement machine, and someone else gathering up the limb and ah.. oh.. that's gross....
   
Things here are going pretty good.  It's starting to pick up a little.  We have more investigators and we know more people.  We know the area a little better too.  Sister Lilian and the Cordero family are still doing almost good, and we found a less active part-member family.
   
There is going to be some crazy super mission conference for like all the missionaries everywhere, and this week is going to be stake conference, so we got lots of fun coming.
   
I'm out of time.  Love you guys, and I'll talk to you next week.
-Elder Jarvie

No comments:

Post a Comment