Monday, March 14, 2016

Leg Day

Things here are going good.  We've seen a lot of progress.  We've been finding a lot of new investigators this week.  We found 16 - that is pretty good for this area.  The problem with Guatemala is that there are a lot of people who will listen to you, but don't want to put forth an effort after, especially in coming to church.
   
It's too bad you guys are having so many car problems.  I don't think it's as bad as some of these Guatemalan buses can be.  One thing I do not like about Guatemala is the transport, it's horrible.
   
You guys are going to have to send me Kennon's e-mail.  I've been thinking about writing letters to my friends who are in the mission, but there isn't much time.  I am trying to get a handwritten letter sent pretty soon though.  The bad thing about being district leader is that there is almost no time at night, and I've been trying to always write in my journal too.  It doesn't always happen, but I think I've been doing pretty good.
   
It rained a few times this week.  I love the rain.  It's been just hot enough to start sweating, especially because half our area is the side of a hill.  We do a lot of walking upwards.  Sometimes at the end of the week I feel like it was leg day or something.  Which reminds me I was reading some of the letters you guys sent me.  When I was reading one from Emerson, my companion asked what he wrote about.  That's when I realized Em writes about the broest things.  It was actually kind of funny.
   
Have you guys seen the new card and video thing the church did?  It's pretty good.  Sometimes it's easier contacting with little cards like that.  The only thing is that they didn't give us very many.  If y'all havent seen it you should watch it.  It's called Hallelujah or something like that.
   
Well I'm out of time.  Thanks for the pictures and everything.  I'll talk to you guys next week.
-Elder Jarvie

No comments:

Post a Comment