Monday, March 7, 2016

Rough Start, Great Finish

A guy in our ward who can't move from his neck down. 
We help him get into his wheelchair all the time.

This week started out rough, but it turned out to be one of the best weeks we've had here.  This area was at a really low point when I got here, and I struggled a lot with my first companion here, but since Elder Nawahine got here we've been working really hard to get it moving.  In our mission we have a goal to do 15 contacts every day, find 15 new investigators and set two new baptismal dates every week.  Which especially with the 15 new investigators is super hard in this area.  We had almost nothing Friday but we ended up finding twelve new investigators Saturday and four Sunday. We ended up finding 17 super great investigators and setting 5 baptismal goals.
 
A fun experience I had was when we went on divisions with a bunch of guys from the Elders Quorum.  Three guys and I went to teach a lady that my companion and I had contacted.  We taught her and her daughter.  Both are super great.  The fun part though is that when we explain priesthood authority we almost always use the example of police authority, but it turns out she is a cop and understands the whole authority thing perfectly.  So we found some amazing investigators this week including like three families.
 
Changes are right now but there are only three of the twenty or so missionaries that are going to have changes, so Elder Nawahine and I are going to be together another six weeks.
 
There is a missionary in our zone from Provo, Elder Proby, he has a Provo City temple pin.  When I saw it I was like, "Wait what? Are there two temples there?"  That's so cool that you guys got to see the open house.  It sounds like some of Meganne's family were ushers there.  Who builds two temples in one city?
 
I don't think I remember Brigham Young's house, but I remember some place that had an old Angel Moroni and a pioneer museum.  And one time when we went to a temple open house, but I don't remember where.
   
Tell dad to keep up the good work on all his crazy machines.  I want to see them all when I get back.
   
Hey do you know what we are going to have to do for the whole signing up for classes at BYUI?  Now that you told me when I'm starting I could only have like two weeks between getting home and leaving.  We still got a while I guess though.
    
Thanks for everything.  I'm out of time.  Love you guys, bye.
-Elder Jarvie

No comments:

Post a Comment