Monday, May 16, 2016

Deportation Threats

Well I'm going to start with the questions you wrote, because I'm kind of half annoyed with my companion and it's hard to think like that.
   
Elder Hockett was in my district in my first area.  He started his mission one change after me and then we were in the same zone for three changes when I was in Durazno.  There is a picture I sent a while ago when I was in Durazno where an elder was holding up three of us.  We were all on top of Elder Hockett.  I'm pretty sure I've sent other pictures with him in it too.
   
I've been doing pretty good with journal writing too.  I don't know if I told you but I finished my journal in December and I'm a little more than half way through the one I'm writing in now.  I try to write every night but it doesn't always happen.
 
The reason I'm kind of frustrated with my companion is because I let him use my USB right now, because he said real quick, and it's been 45 minutes and he still won't give it back.  He's not the worst companion I've ever had, but I'm not sure if he just doesn't think things through or what.
   
Things here have been going well.  Lindsay's baptism is going to be this week so that's awesome.  We have another investigator named Abigail who might get baptized this week or the next too.
   
Today we are going to climb a mountain and then play soccer.  Oh! Funny story.  We help a quadriplegic guy in our ward a lot.  We are pretty good friends with him.  Sometimes we tease him that we are going to buy Chinese food and eat it without him.  Sometimes he says he's going to call immigration and have me deported.  It's pretty funny.  It's not everyday a quadriplegic threatens to get you deported.  We might bring him with us to play soccer today.  He's going to be the goalie.
   
The Godinez family came back Sunday afternoon.  They had been out of town.  So as tradition goes they gave us more food than we are used to eating, including some things I've never eaten before.  We ate masapan chopped up and fried.  They taste like potato chips.  I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of potato chips were made out of this thing and not potatoes.
   
Well have fun laying grass.  I wish I was there to help. 
   
Oh! Cool thing happened.  I found a legit pair of shoes, slightly used for 50 quets.  That's like 6 bucks.  They're like a wear to church type of shoe, but I like them.  Maybe I'll send a picture next week.
   
Well I'm out of time.  Love you all, bye.
-Elder Jarvie

No comments:

Post a Comment