Monday, August 1, 2016

Service Projects

Does he think time stands still while you're on a mission?  Does he know he's actually 20 years old? 



Service Project


Making Flour Tortillas



Painting Service Project

We've been doing a lot of service projects.  That makes me happy.  I love doing stuff like that.  We've done several in the last few weeks.  I think we've had at least one every week or more.  Talking with people all day is nice too, but sometimes I feel like doing some other kind of work.
 
We found a great family this week too.  Like half of them are less actives and half are nonmembers. The mom's last name is Rodriguez (here they don't change your last name when you get married) so my companion, whose last name is also Rodriguez, always calls her "cousin."  They are a super great family, and on top of that, all of them came to church yesterday.  That was super cool.
 
We've been trying really hard to get the members in our ward to help us more.  That's probably one of the trickiest parts, though there are always a few people who are super great.
 
Looking through  my inbox I realized that they sent me the information on when my flight goes out and all that.  (August 24th at 10:37pm - All are welcome!)
 
I'm going to talk with president tomorrow.  There is a place pretty close to our area that sells souvenirs and stuff like that, so we were thinking about asking permission to go there.  They sell tons of stuff.   It's a pretty cool place.
 
Those lemon cucumbers look really good.   And hot water sounds really good too.
 
Well thanks for everything, and thanks for the pictures and everything else.  I'm almost out of time, so I'll talk to you all next week.
 
-Elder Jarvie

No comments:

Post a Comment