Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Happy Birthday Michaela



Hey everybody how's it going?

Tell Michaela Happy Birthday or feliz cumpleaños or both for me!
   
There is a kid we're teaching.  He looks and acts a lot like one of Emerson's old friends, Cole.  There is a word we use that is "huevon" or sometimes "chambon," it's like a slacker or somebody that doesn't do what they should.  These are the names we call him sometimes. (Probably only Emerson will understand, but it's very similar to talking with Cole.)  Pretty much poking jokes and him telling me that I'm from the country of wickedness.  I had drawn a picture of the sacrament with a scripture quote above it and told him that I would give it to him if he came to church.  He didn't come this week though.
   
We have investigators that do come though, there are two that are doing really good.  One we just set a baptismal date yesterday.  He's a smart guy and is doing really good.  The only problem is that he is only home Saturdays and Sundays, so it's harder to visit him.  And there is another guy who lives just outside our neighborhood who we've been teaching.  We teach him where he works at an internet cafe.  It's right off the bigger street and when the busses go by there's like a five second period where I can't hear anything.  But other than that it's a great place to teach, and even that isn't bad.

That's freaking amazing to hear that the house is finished! (What he means by "finished" is that we passed our final inspection and got our occupancy permit.  We are definitely not "finished.") You need to send me some pictures.  I wish I could have been there.

Things here are going pretty good.  This is going to be the last week of the change.  It's weird to think that I've already been here for like five months.
   
Where are you having vacation?  Are you all in Phoenix?  Did the rest of the fam come with you or is it just you and dad?
   
I think we're going to play pool today.  If it's true, that will be pretty sweet.  I haven't played pool in a while.
   
I love you all.  I'm going to see if I have pictures to send.  I really should take more pictures.
Elder Jarvie

No comments:

Post a Comment