Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Manly beard

I forgot to tell you that last week I got the package from Grandma Dee. (Nothing like a little Christmas cheer in February!)
 
We have a senior missionary couple in our ward now.  We were talking to them Sunday.  They started their mission about the same time I did.  They're pretty cool.  Sunday we had ward council in the morning so we had to get up extra early.  I got ready so fast that I forgot to shave my face.  By the time we got back to the house I almost had a beard.  Sometimes it's hard being this manly.
 
The pictures of the house look freaking amazing!  It looks like it's still missing a few little things (like garage doors,) but it still looks amazing.  All the wood looks fantastic.  There isn't a lot of wood here. Did I mention that the house looks fantastic? Emerson's car is sick too.  Half the people here tell me that I'm rich because I'm a gringo.  If they saw the house I don't think they'd ever let it go.  The way you described the house is almost more majestic than the pictures. (I think he is referring to my description of how I wake up each morning to the view of an amazing sunrise out my large picture window (in my bedroom) along with the view of Mt McLoughlin.)
 
In our area we have to work in different parts on different days because it's so big.  But this week we had a really good lesson with a less active family and got out a little after seven.  Then we had an appointment with a guy we have a baptismal date with.  Only problem is he lives like forty-five minutes away, walking fast.  Luckily, on our way down the hill another investigator we teach offered to give us a ride.  I think that counts as a miracle.  I wasn't really looking forward to power walking that far. The guy we went to teach is amazing.  He understands things great.  It's just that he's almost always only home before nine Saturdays and Sundays.
 
Jared's teacher in the MTC is married to mine, isn't that funny?
 
Things here are going good.  We had a great week.  I think I've said this but our area is weird and really big.  But things are alright.
 
I love you all! Take care!
-Elder Jarvie
  

No comments:

Post a Comment