Monday, April 13, 2015

Forgotten Birthdays

It turns out that not only semana santa is hard but the week after too.  But apart from that things have been really good.  My new companion is still great.
   
Today we got to watch a movie!  That usually only happens once a year, but we are going to watch "Meet the Mormons" today at one o'clock, so that is super cool. 
   
That is really awesome that Grandma and Grandpa bought the house next door. (Correction: "Going to buy")  Ya'll are going to have a boat load of property.  I bet that is amazing after living in the last house. 
    
The questions:
   -Do you remember seeing a picture of that big cement sink thing (pila)?  That would be where the cloths are washed.
 
   -If you are planing on sending me a box maybe a flash drive with good missionary music, letters of course, a puppy, they don't sell garments with the small neck here so maybe two or three of those.  I'll keep thinking.
    
My companion forgot when his birthday was.  Last week a couple of people asked him and he said he didn't remember.  We found out this week when president called to tell him happy birthday.  Then we checked his birth date to see how old he was.  I think that is definitely the first time I've seen that happen.  He is twenty-one by the way.  (I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around that one.)
   
Things here are a lot different, but whenever people ask me how I can't really think of anything to say.  I think I might be used to here.  There are some really fantastic parts of Guatemala.  One of the weirdest things is the differences just here.  There are parts where there is no difference between here and there, and others there is.
   
There is a family we visit that is literally dirt floor poor.  Speaking of this family, the first three visits we had yesterday were with people that did not stop talking.  We talked to the grandma in this family who is less active.  I think we shared two verses and were there for like an hour.
  
Michaela, Elder Torrez wants your email.  He is from Nicaragua I think.
 
Anyway, I have like two minutes left so I have to go.  I love you all!  Have a ton of fun
-Elder Jarvie

No comments:

Post a Comment