Monday, November 16, 2015

Rain and new Soles

Hey everybody!
   
It decided to rain all this week. The good thing is that I'm back to having two pairs of shoes.  I don't know if I had mentioned this but the brown shoes I bought before I left were worn down a ton from so many days of walking in Guatemalan wildernesses.  The left shoe had a big hole in it.  Then one day we were contacting, and we contacted a guy who turns out fixes shoes.  He put new soles and everything and it turned out great.
   
We've been teaching a family that lives pretty close to our house.  They have a date to be baptized, but it's been really hard for them to come to church.  In part it's because they don't want to go all the way to the stake center, and the last two weeks have been conferences.  This week it was a special conference that they broadcast to all the stakes in Guatemala.  I think it was 44 or something like that. But it was really cool.
   
We've also been teaching a little with Marvin's brother, Esbin.  Like half the people in their family are members already.  He's been coming to church.  In the picture with the kites I sent you last week he is the one with the shirt that has an oldschool video game or something like that.
   
In a box you sent me, I think Rick's family was who sent them, I'm not sure.  Anyway, they sent scripture stickers.  They are pretty cool.  But it turns out you can make them with masking tape and Liahona magazines.  So I learned something new.  We did that for a lesson with Angel, Marvin, and Esbin.  It was pretty cool. Esbin figured it out really fast.
   
For the first time here in Guatemala it's gotten cold, mostly because we are up in the mountain, and for all the rain.  I almost always wear a sweater in the morning.
   
Sometimes I feel like my English isn't as good as it used to be.  I've been speaking Spanish for so long that I forget words in English or how to spell them.
 
Things for Christmas... a few people have said that they want the scripture stickers, so if you can find some that would be cool.  Ties are always welcome.  I need a few new shirts.  I really like the Lee ones we bought online if you can find them again.  If you send candy, jolly ranchers are still my favorite, and I haven't seen anyone selling them here.  Socks.  If you can find a legit thin sweater that is missionary appropriate. They aren't too strict with the clothes here. Other than that who knows.
  
Anyway, that's my time. Love you all, and I'll talk to you next week.
Bye!!
-Elder Jarvie

No comments:

Post a Comment