Monday, November 9, 2015

Stake Conference





Hey everybody!
 
So things here have been going great. I'm still getting along good with my new companion and everything is going really good.
   
This Saturday and Sunday we had Stake Conference.  It was one of the best I've been to.  I think he was from the area presidency, Elder Maravilla.  The way he talked was really interesting.  He is a funny guy, but still gave really good points, and made you think, laughing and thinking you should probably repent at the same time.  Saturday he talked about ward council and Sunday he talked about keeping the Sabbath day holy.
   
The notebook I use for meetings is almost full, it's going to be the 2nd one.  I think I pay attention and understand a lot more if I take notes.  I started writing smaller because sometimes it fills up a lot of space.
   
Speaking of note books, my drawing books have been the same for the  last couple of months.  There is very little time to do anything.  I miss having time to draw, though I guess when I come back if I'm in art classes I'll be drawing all day long. But still I need to find some time to do it.
   
I started writing a letter so I should get one sent home Wednesday, so we will see when it gets there.
   
Honestly, I hope they leave me in this area for another change. I really like it here, and my companion is one of the best I've had. (answer to your question: he is one month older than me and has nine months in the mission.  I think those are the only two questions you asked.)
   
Now that you mentioned holiday traditions it reminds me, there are holidays they celebrate here and not there and ones we celebrate that they don't here.  For example, Halloween and Thanksgiving.  And here they have the day where they all fly kites and visit the cemetery, and a day where everyone makes devil piñatas and burns them and lights off fireworks. And sometimes the traditions or foods are different too.  Like Christmas, everyone eats tamales.
   
I really can't think of anything else to say. I didn't take too many pictures this week but I have a few that I don't think I've sent, so I'll send those.
   
I love you guys, bye.
-Elder Jarvie

No comments:

Post a Comment