Monday, April 18, 2016

Bautismo de Arlette y Dominique

With his zone leaders and Jorge
Taken at the Godinez family's house, with the zone leaders ("dorkiest guys ever")  when they went for baptism interviews.  Hopefully, that's not what they were wearing when they interviewed Arlette & Dominique!
Jorge is a policeman.  Two of his kids were baptized last week.

They haul dirt a little differently in Guatemala.


The Godinez Perez Family

Dominique and Arlette



Hey guys! Sadly, we have changes and my companion is leaving the area.  That's too bad.  I really got along well with him.
 
Dominique and Arlette got baptized this week though, that's the happy note.  Normally it's good if they're friends with members and they can baptize them, but in the end it's really their choice.  My companion baptized Dominique and I baptized Arlette.  It all went super well and there was a lot of support from the ward.  The rest of their family wants to get baptized too.  With the parents it's going to take a little longer, but they're all amazing.  The only hard thing with them is when Jorge's home it's hard to get out of their house.  He likes to talk a lot.  He's a funny guy.  One time he said he's going to visit us and when he comes to Oregon he's going to fight a bear.  He said something like, "I think I could take a bear."  His nickname is "Jorge the bear fighter" now.
 
I've gotten pretty attached to this area, or to the people here.  Everybody thought I was going to leave this change.
 
We did a little more of our service project, hauling dirt up the mountain.  I remember a movie we watched about a mountain that wasn't a mountain so they hauled dirt up to the top.  (The Englishman who went up a hill but came down a mountain.)   Those bags are heavy, and even worse going up hill. My back hurt all that day.  It's not very often we get the chance to do stuff like that though, I love it.
 
I hope you all enjoy the pictures.  We got some good ones this week.
Love you guys.
-Elder Jarvie

No comments:

Post a Comment