Monday, July 4, 2016

Soccer Shirts & Stairs

They all bought the shirts the Guatemalan Soccer Team wears.
I'm curious to hear the story of why he chose the blue version.

His district along with Elder Uribe





 

"You probably can't see the volcano all that good, but there is a little red spot.  One night after planning my companion looked out the window and saw that there was lava coming out of the volcano, so that was cool."





Well, I started writing a little late sending pictures and all that, hopefully y'all liked them.  One that is kind of fun is the stairs.  There are good sized neighborhoods that are all in a valley like that.  It's a pretty common thing here.  Every once in a while you can find stairway neighborhoods like that that go forever.  The three pictures I sent were from the same spot, one looking up, one down and one to the side.  And there is still a good chunk you can't see.  It's good leg exercise though.
     
You mentioned that I won't be in a trio anymore next change, Elder Marin hasn't been with me for like a week or two, just Elder Gonzalez, the trunky one.  He goes home next week, like 8 days.  It's a pain in the butt to get this kid moving.
   
 Oh, so my release date is August 24th, or so president told me, so there is the answer to your question.
   
Thanks a ton for the pictures.  Also, you are right, Guatemala doesn't celebrate the 4th of July (I was just joking with him), or Thanksgiving and a lot of other things, but they have a lot of other holidays. Speaking of holidays, the 30th of June they celebrated a neighborhood's birthday, weird right?  I was really confused.  There was a parade and everything.  And I had no idea why.
   
Well I'm out of time.  Thanks for everything!  Sorry it's a little shorter of a letter this time.
-Elder Jarvie

No comments:

Post a Comment