Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Soccer Withdrawals

Hey, sorry that I didn't write yesterday.  We went to the temple today and we got back a little late.  On the bright side, I took pictures this week, but because we came straight from the temple I don't have my adapter, so I'll have to wait until next week to send them.
   
On the way back from the temple the office missionaries called me to ask which airport I wanted to go to.  I told them Idaho, I hope that's all right. (My heart stopped.  He's going to Idaho for school two weeks after he gets home, but surely he knows he has to come home first...) No, I'm just kidding.  I said Medford.  That's what the airport is called right? (Whew...)  I haven't asked when my return date is but it should be around the 24th of July(He means the 24th of August)
   
I'll start looking to see if I can find some type of souvenirs or something.  There are a lot of places that sell Guatemalan bags.  I'm pretty good at fitting lots of things in my bags.  I want to find somewhere to buy a Guatemalan flag too.
   
We had a pretty good week.  We have a few investigators that are progressing a lot better now.  So far the closest is Cesia.  The only thing is that she's not married to the person she lives with.  His job schedule changes a lot so it's hard to plan the wedding.  Those are probably two of the most common problems with investigators here, work and not being married.
   
The picture you sent me (see end of letter if you're interested) reminds me about someone who was telling us about the craziest things they've heard people say about Mormon missionaries.  One of them was that we steal little kids.  Here in our area there is a kid who always walks up to us and asks if one of us is from the United States.  So naturally, I always point to my companion and say ¨he is.¨  There are some funny little Guatemalan kids here.
   
Sounds like you guys have been doing a lot of hiking.  I miss the forest.  When I get back we are going to have to go to Boulder Alley or something, or the river, I miss the river too.
 
Fun fact: in Spanish scriptures they sell quads now.   It's a new thing in Spanish.  They used to only sell them separately.  Now if only they sold them in smaller sizes.  That would be fantastic.  Scriptures can be heavy sometimes.  They're bigger in Spanish too.
   
I haven't played soccer in like a month.  We've done something else every p-day this change.  And now I really want to kick things.  I'm going to have to find people who will play soccer with me when I come home.  Maybe in Idaho.
   
Anyway, that's what's going on here.  Love you guys.  Sorry for forgetting my adapter.  I'll send pictures next Monday.  Bye.
 
-Elder Jarvie 


No comments:

Post a Comment