Friday, August 28, 2015

Marvin's Baptism

 Marvin's Baptism
(How old would you guess Marvin is? He's 2nd to the left)
From left to right: Me, Carlos (our mission leader), Esbin (Marvin's brother), 
Angel (Marvin's friend), Marvin, President Garcia (YM Pres) Gustavo 
(friend of the other brother of Marvin's who is member), my companion, and Bladimir.

 
Sorry, this one is going to be a little short.  Things went well this week.  Marvin's baptism was great. He is 14 years old. Guatemalans are just smaller.  He is a little smaller too.

There are crazy things going on in Guatemala.  Apparently the president was doing something wrong. (In case you aren't familiar with what is going on, the Guatemalan President is accused of taking bribes from large corporations over export duties.)  A lot of people died near here this weekend. There were two shootings and an extortion. (Think he actually mean execution?) There were like eight or ten people in total I think.  That helps you to realize how small your problems are doesn't it?  Luckily, nobody has tried to shoot or stab or kill me.  There are a few areas where we have to leave before it gets dark.
    
If you want to try searching in Google Earth I'm in a place called San Martin.  The area is called Chinautla by zone 6.  Vista Hermosoa is near here.  The branch is called El Durazno and the stake is Molino.  Before that my area was zone 18 and was mostly- Valle de Jesus 1 and 2, Jardines, Canaan, and Prado (and the streets that go by them).  My first area was zone 5.
 
Like I said, sorry that this one is going to be short, but thanks for everything.  The pictures are great. Dad's car machine is crazy, you'll have to send me pictures of that later on.  But I have to go now.  I'm out of time.. sorry again.
 
Love you guys
-Elder Jarvie

 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment