Thursday, June 2, 2016

Moving On




Godinez Family

Lindsay Godinez Baptism



Shoes I bought for six bucks

Ariel Godinez with a wig

Well everything here has been going good.  Yesterday they told us that I have changes, which I kind of expected.  I've been here a while.  This is the third area in a row where I've stayed six months. Hopefully my next area and companion will be good.  Tomorrow they are going to tell me where I go.
   
Today we are going to say bye to a lot of people and a sister in our district is going to make pupusas, a food from El Salvador.  I don't know how knowledgeable y'all are in Central American food.  I bet Remington knows, he has spent a little more time with that type of people.  That's going to be fun though.  And as always, we are going to play soccer too. 
 
You wrote that I would probably get sent to another town.  The funny thing is I'll probably get sent to the same town, because Guatemala City is freaking huge.  More than half the areas in our mission are in the same city, and that's with other missions taking parts of the city too.  I've pretty much been in the same city my whole mission.  But who knows, maybe I'll go out into the country.
    
I can't think of anything else to write.  It wasn't all that eventful of a week.  We had a lot of people who didn't want to talk to us.  Last week I bought another new pair of tennis shoes because mine have a big hole in the bottom and I was wearing out my socks too fast.  Oh and happy anniversary!
   
It's been kind of hot here too, but not too bad.  It will probably be on fire over there when I get back. At least it will be good weather to go swimming.  I miss swimming.
   
The pictures you've sent of the house look amazing, especially the grass.  You don't see lawns like that much over here.  The rest looks awesome too.
   
I have way too many little things and I'm going to have to find a way to fit all of them in my suit cases.  Luckily, we do believe in miracles, so I'm sure it will fit somehow.  I'm going to get rid of a lot of things too.  
 
Thanks for everything.  I'll talk to you guys next week and tell you where and with who I ended up.
 
-Elder Jarvie

No comments:

Post a Comment